Truck Permits

J. J. Keller offers a full range of temporary permits…

Oversize/Overweight Permits

If a vehicle is oversize or overweight, a temporary permit is needed. This permit authorizes movement according to vehicle configurations and weight.

A permit may be required if:

  • Overall height exceeds 13′6″
  • Overall width exceeds 8′6″
  • Trailer length exceeds 48′
  • Overall weight exceeds 80,000 pounds

There are many determining factors when reviewing oversize/overweight permitting requirements. The above bullets are general guidelines. Please call us for more information at 800-231-5266.

Trip Permits

When traveling to a state in which a vehicle is not registered under IRP, a temporary trip permit is needed.

Fuel Permits

When traveling to a state in which a vehicle does not hold an IFTA decal and license, a temporary fuel permit is needed.

Mileage Permits

When operating in KY, NM, NY and OR a vehicle may require a mileage permit in addition to fuel and trip permits.

Highway Use Tax (HUT)

When traveling in New York, carriers may require a Highway Use Tax (HUT).

How can I request permits?

We provide you with a variety of options for placing your permit request.

Online Ordering Guide

Online Ordering Checklist

How to Order Online – Video